Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Yuki
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 26 times

Forum search issues

Post by Yuki »

Hi all,
I didn't see another section to ask this, so will do it in this forum - did search function get updated recently? Search is not brining up the results it used. For example if you search for Quickbooks - only two results come up. While in the past, more would show up.

Any comments?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6719 times

Re: Forum search issues

Post by Gostev »

Hi Yuki,

We added new search that uses Google engine, but "old" search is still available under Advanced search.

May be it was some other forum that you searched? Because honestly, I don't remember a single Quickbooks discussion ;)

Thanks!
Anton
Yuki
Veeam ProPartner

Post by Yuki »

I tried that... it produces roughly the same results. Even though I know there used to be more results in the past on certain keywords.
Anyway, the reason i was search was to confirm that Quickbooks needed to be backups via its own methods since it is not VSS aware. My understanding that Veeam may produce an inconsistent DB file upon restore of the file (or even VM itself).
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6719 times

Post by Gostev »

Have you considered using pre-freeze/post-thaw scripts to stop/start Quickbooks service for consistent backup?
Yuki
Veeam ProPartner

Post by Yuki »

Well, i'm aware of the capability, just wanted to confirm this is indeed needed.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Yep, if you want to have application consistent backup of VMs that run non-VSS applications, you have to use pre-freeze/post-thaw scripts. Thanks.