Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
samalwis
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Sam Alwus

IBM 3200 Tape Library Invenroty Problem

Post by samalwis »

Hi,
I have one IBM TS3200 Tape Library previously configured for Backup Exec. We replace backup exec with Veeam 7. When I try to run "Iventory Library" function it loads its first tape to tape drive and starts Invetoring the tape. However it fails to load subseqent tapes and spits out error saying "Failed to Inventory Tape xxxx(BarCode) Error: Cannot find tape drive[address: 0]. If I try to inventory individual tapes job comples successuflly. Also when I schedule backups spanning more than one tape.. job completes successfully. Bit confused with this error. Please help.!!! :!:
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: IBM 3200 Tape Library Invenroty Problem

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Sam,

Could your error be related to tape library drivers, like it was in this very thread? Anyway, have you already opened a support case with our technical team for further investigation and logs review?

Thank you!
samalwis
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Sam Alwus

Re: IBM 3200 Tape Library Invenroty Problem

Post by samalwis »

Hi Vitaliy,
Thank you very much for the quick response. I also installed "exclusive driver" as specified in the thread. First I will try chanding this driver to Non Exclusive and give it another go. This migh fix my issue. So far I have not opend up a support case because I was under the impression that this error pops up due to a misconfiguration... :) If it still does not work after installing the "Non Exluisive Driver" I will open a support case.

Once again thank you very much.

Sam