Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Junior2k
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Thomas David

Backup Problems

Post by Junior2k »

Hi Guys,

New to Veeam and just trying to get my head round it before we go out whole hog and purchase up a licence for it, very impressed so far though.

Having problems backing up a server, it has two hard disks on different datastores both with different blocksizes. Have setup a WorkingDir with the larger of the two blocksizes on a seperate Datastore. Im able to snapshot in VSphere the snapshot takes approx 8 minutes.

If I try and backup using Veeam after snapshotting in Vsphere it goes through fine. If I clear off the snapshot from the snapshot manager in Vsphere making sure the VM-Snapshot working directory is completely clear then Veeam snapshots within 45 seconds, hangs then deletes the snapshot and fails to backup.

Ive followed everything in KB article http://www.veeam.com/kb1241

Unsure what else to try, we are running an older version ESX 4.1 Essentials Plus

Any Help greatly appreciated!!
Junior2k
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Thomas David

Re: Backup Problems

Post by Junior2k »

I Should of given the error it failed with,

14/10/2013 12:12:34 :: Processing 'ServerName' Error: Datastore "Datastore 7" was not found

Yet it can see the datastore and all the files in it, and Ive done a rescan within Veeam etc
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Backup Problems

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Thomas,

So just to make sure that I completely understand the issue - you override the default snapshot creation folder and try to backup VMs with these overrides, but it fails?
Junior2k wrote:If I try and backup using Veeam after snapshotting in Vsphere it goes through fine.
Junior2k wrote:If I clear off the snapshot from the snapshot manager in Vsphere making sure the VM-Snapshot working directory is completely clear then Veeam snapshots within 45 seconds, hangs then deletes the snapshot and fails to backup.
The behavior should be the same, assuming that workingDir parameter is set correctly, most likely there is something else that forces job to fail. Can you please contact our technical team for further logs review?

Thanks!