Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
kurt
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Robert

VeeamBackup Datastore inactive

Post by kurt »

I'm looking at my Datastores in vSphere Client and I see one called: "VeeamBackup_VEEAMBU (2) (inactive)"

It's been there for a long time. Is it supposed to be there or is it left over from a restore and how do I get rid of it?

VEEAMBU is actually the name of my OLD veeam backup virtual machine which has been deleted.

Thanks
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: VeeamBackup Datastore inactive

Post by foggy »

This is a vPower NFS datastore created within your old Veeam backup server. You can delete it now, I suppose.
kurt
Enthusiast

Post by kurt »

foggy wrote:This is a vPower NFS datastore created within your old Veeam backup server. You can delete it now, I suppose.
How? I tried to delete it but it says "The object has already been deleted or has not been completely created"
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Can you try to remove it from the host directly? I had some other datastores which I couldn't delete while being connected to vCenter Server, but once I've tried to do that via host connection, it worked.
kurt
Enthusiast

Post by kurt »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Can you try to remove it from the host directly? I had some other datastores which I couldn't delete while being connected to vCenter Server, but once I've tried to do that via host connection, it worked.
Hi, I tried that but when logged into the host directly, the datastore doesn't appear so maybe it's already gone and I just need to reboot the host or something strange like that.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

gvinpin
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Post by gvinpin »

I had the same problem and solution was to restart management agents on ESX hosts, showing inactive Datastores.
cffit
Veteran
Liked: 35 times
Full Name: Christensen Farms

Post by cffit »

This happened to me when I moved our VEEAM backup server. I had to reconfigure our SureBackup/VirtualLab. When I did that it created a new store but left the old one there dimmed out with "inactive" listed after it. I couldn't delete it, but I could unmount it. When I unmounted it, it disappeared. Is there anything else I need to do? I assumed I would need to delete it somewhere?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

No need to do anything else in virtual infrastructure. You may want to remove the corresponding folder on the backup repository belonging to your former backup server, if required.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, VeeamBackup datastore is created automatically on the repository you're exposing VM backups from, unmount operation should be sufficient if you want to clean everything after migration. Thanks!