Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

MP v6.5 : October 16th, 2013

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Veeam MP for VMware v6.5
Released: October 16th,2013
Release Notes: http://www.veeam.com/mp_vmware_scom_rel ... 6_5_rn.pdf
Upgrade Procedure: http://www.veeam.com/veeam_mp_for_vmwar ... 6_5_pg.pdf

For complete list of new features, please refer to the What's New document:
http://www.veeam.com/veeam_mp_6_5_whatsnew_en_wn.pdf
keithkleiman
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Keith Kleiman

Re: MP v6.5 : October 16th, 2013

Post by keithkleiman »

Will v6 of the Veeam mp still be able to monitor a vcenter that is at v5.5? Currently the vcenter is at 5.1, but is planned on being upgraded in the next couple days.
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Post by sergey.g »

Hi Keith,

Monitoring should continue without any issues. V6 is compatible with vSphere 5.5, it just won't report about new(5.5-specific) events/alarms.

Thanks.
Jarv
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Steve

Post by Jarv »

Hi Sergey, I have sent a note to sales but wonder if you could answer quickly. Our license for "6.x" is valid until 2024 and we are running 6.0. However our support contract is expired. Without support can we still update to 6.5? And would this be the last generation of 6 with 7 when it comes out needing an upgrade cost? (Just planning some budgets ahead!)
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Post by sergey.g »

Hi Steve,

I would discuss this with sales to get the exact numbers and limitations. But I'm afraid the quick answer is no, without support contract you cannot receive an upgrade, even 6.5. Your 2024 license is for installing and using 6.x application which you purchased, but when you need to access your account on our site to get an update, submit a support ticket or when you need to call us - you have to have a valid support contract.

And I'm afraid I cannot provide you with any ETAs or additional information about our next version. We are working hard to release new version with very cool new functionality as soon as we can. We really apprecaite that you are using our management pack, and I can promise that new version is going to be awesome.

Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

Jarv wrote:Without support can we still update to 6.5? And would this be the last generation of 6 with 7 when it comes out needing an upgrade cost? (Just planning some budgets ahead!)
I would definitely recommend renewing your support contract/maintenance to get free upgrades and technical support from our team. ;)
chrisdearden
Veteran
Liked: 226 times
Full Name: Chris Dearden

Post by chrisdearden »

Jarv wrote:Hi Sergey, I have sent a note to sales but wonder if you could answer quickly. Our license for "6.x" is valid until 2024 and we are running 6.0. However our support contract is expired. Without support can we still update to 6.5? And would this be the last generation of 6 with 7 when it comes out needing an upgrade cost? (Just planning some budgets ahead!)
If you keep your maintenance up to date , all upgrades are free ( including 6-7 when its released )