Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
kennocha
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Stephen Carter

Can't remove Tapes from PV124t

Post by kennocha »

Hello, Support Case: 00469479

Our PV124t will not allow me to get any tapes out of the device.

The PV124t reports that the backup software has the autoloader locked, and to check the backup software configuration. Veeams option to export tapes is grayed out, so I can't have the tape be exported to mailslot, so I am curious as to how/what I am supposed to do in this scenario. Anyone have any solutions for this?
kennocha
Enthusiast

Re: Can't remove Tapes from PV124t

Post by kennocha »

I had to disable the tape drive in device manager, the auto loader in device manager. Reset the tape drive, then I could eject the tapes.

Hope there is a better way as this was overly complex.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Stephen,

Tape device locking mechanism is going to change in the upcoming releases, but thank you for leaving resolution to your issue on our forum.
kennocha
Enthusiast

Post by kennocha »

Any type of timeline or quick hotfix we could obtain to make this such a complicated task?
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Post by tsightler »

Interesting that the Export Tape option is greyed out. I would swear this worked with the PV124t that I had access to during testing. Any chance you're not using the lastest Windows driver?

Anyway, another possible solution might be to just stop the Veeam service, do what you need to do, the start the Veeam service. You could create a couple of icons on the desktop to do this so it would at least be a little less annoying.
kennocha
Enthusiast

Post by kennocha »

tsightler wrote:Interesting that the Export Tape option is greyed out. I would swear this worked with the PV124t that I had access to during testing. Any chance you're not using the lastest Windows driver?

Anyway, another possible solution might be to just stop the Veeam service, do what you need to do, the start the Veeam service. You could create a couple of icons on the desktop to do this so it would at least be a little less annoying.
Yep, drivers is the latest, and there is no export option completely grayed out. Running on Server 2012.