Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
kornelg
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: John chr

veeam restore esx 5.5

Post by kornelg »

i am trying to restore a vm that has 4gb ram to an esx 5.5 and it says that i cant migrate to the local datastore because it has 4096 mb memory and it is larger than datastores 1024 mb.i am doing only a test if i can restore the vms to esx 5.5.
is it because the esx is also there installed at this local datastore? there is enough free space.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: veeam restore esx 5.5

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi John,

Can you please tell me how exactly are you trying to restore the VM? Restore Job? Quick Migration job? Also I'm a bit confused with your post as VM RAM configuration should have nothing in common with datastore size. Anyway, I believe the issue here is the target ESXi host, be aware that vSphere 5.5 is not supported yet.

Thanks!
kornelg
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: John chr

Post by kornelg »

through instant vm recovery.this vm has 4 gb ram and when i try to migrate from veeam nfs to local datastore it says that it cant do that because local datastore has limit of 1024mb and its not supported.i cant understand this!
ive tried the migration through vcenter web lient and through veeam(quick migration).i ve tried also quick migration through veeam at that datastore and job failed!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Could be because vSphere 5.5 is not supported with the current product version, so I would recommend waiting for the patch 2 for Veeam B&R that will introduce support for this vSphere version. Thanks!