Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
PerO
Influencer
Liked: never

VCB backup failed

Post by PerO »

Hello,
Just starting to use VeeAM Backup and when I shall use VCB backup it fails. Below is the error message I got in the Report.

Completing current object backup process VCB error: Acquiring disk lease for snapshot-1311[flscx300] FLSVM-Cube01/FLSVM-Cube01.vmdk failed with vmodl.fault.SystemError. Acquiring disk lease for snapshot-1311[flscx300] FLSVM-Cube01/FLSVM-Cube01.vmdk failed with vmodl.fault.SystemError. Giving up. System error. Error: Failed to open the disk: Unspecified error An error occurred, cleaning up...
I have checked that I can connect to the SAN via VC (vcbVmName ....)

Any tips of whats wrong.
/Per
ssimakov
Veeam Software
Liked: 63 times
Full Name: Stanislav Simakov

Post by ssimakov »

Per,

As this is an error reported by vcbMounter apparently there are issues with your storage infrastructure unrelated to Veeam Backup. Could you please send all the logs from Help->Support Information to support@veeam.com so that we could isolate the problem?
ptmigregister
Lurker
Liked: never

Re: VCB backup failed

Post by ptmigregister »

Hi i have the same issue but i was able to run the backup using a workaround using VCB NBD, can you reply with the reason or solution why this is happening ? :?:

thanks

:mrgreen:
vmbackupuser
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times

Re: VCB backup failed

Post by vmbackupuser »

I recently had the same error with 1 specific VM within a backup job.
Is the VM still powered on and running fine or has it powered off?
You should ensure that there are no snapshots on the VM, or even worse, orphaned vmware snapshot delta files in the VM dir on the SAN.
In my case, the VM powered off during the attempted Veeam job, and there was no snapshot left behind in VC Snapshot Manager, but there were orphaned delta files in the VM directory.
The vmware logfiles for the vm may have the error '`The parent virtual disk has been modified since the child was created`

VMware Support advised me to perform the corrective actions as per KB article:
http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/micros ... Id=1007849

This worked for me. the VM then booted fine, and has been backing up successfully for the past week or so.