Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
nysoh
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Sohail Ahmed

Disk Space is Full

Post by nysoh »

Hi,

We have been using Veeam for a while and disk space is full now, I suspect somewhere we can configure to recyle the old jobs and not keep more than 6 copies.

Can some one please explain where to configure this option and what is best way I claim some disk space ?

Thanks
S
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Disk Space is Full

Post by veremin »

I suspect somewhere we can configure to recyle the old jobs and not keep more than 6 copies.
This option is configured in the job settings and is called “Retention policy” (Job settings -> Storage -> Restore point to keep on disk).
Can some one please explain where to configure this option and what is best way I claim some disk space ?
The best option is always to let the specified retention policy to delete obsolete data.

Also, what backup mode is used? Forward or reversed incremental one?

In general, forward incremental mode requires more space compared to reversed incremental. In case of forward incremental, depending on your scheduling and retention settings, several fulls are stored at each moment in time. In case of reversed incremental mode, there is always one full backup that keeps updated during each backup cycle and number of increments.

Kindly, refer to the corresponding section of our Help Center for more detailed description of how retention policy works in case of different backup methods.

Thanks.
nysoh
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Sohail Ahmed

Re: Disk Space is Full

Post by nysoh »

Many thanks for the detailed response, I will change the options.

I dont really know if we are using reversed or forward, I will double check these options as well.