Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
Bigpants2k
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Allan Mellor

Roll up daily backup reports

Post by Bigpants2k »

Hello,

Every time one of my backup jobs or replication or copy jobs complete I get an email saying if it fails or completes successfully.

What I would like is to get one email a day with a roll up of that days reports unless there is an error and I’d like to get the once the job finishes. How would I go about achieving this?

Many thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Roll up daily backup reports

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

In this case you can turn off alarm email notifications and schedule our predefined report "Latest Job State". Seems like this is exactly what you're looking for.

Thank you!
Bigpants2k
Influencer

Post by Bigpants2k »

Cool thank you very much.

Once I'm happy with this report, I can disable email notifications in B&R?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, this report will give you a summary information on all existing backup/replication jobs. If you have any feedback on how this report should be enhanced, don't hesitate to share it with us.
Bigpants2k
Influencer

Post by Bigpants2k »

Ok so I've been running the report for the last few days. So this covers the Backups on a per day basis, which is ok. But I have some backups that run multiple times a day, if any of these fail will they show at what time they fail or will it just show that on Tuesday it failed?

Also I have Backup copy jobs and Replication jobs that work through the day and I need to report on these too? Any ideas

Thank you
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Replication jobs should be reflected in this report. Do you see a different behavior? What report parameters have you specified? I will double-check if we show backup copy jobs and will post you back.

As to your first question, then only last job status will be shown. Do you see how this report can be improved to cover jobs status that run multiple times during the day?