Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
anuvdas
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Anu Vishnu Das

Veeam Monitor 4.5.0.189 Installation Issue

Post by anuvdas »

Hi There,

I was using veeam monitor v3.0 on my windows 2003 std. edition (sp2).It was working fine.Last week i downloaded veeam monitor v4.5.0.189 (latest version) and installed it after uninstalling the previous v3.0.Installation of v4.5 was successfull however my issue is when i start the application it throws a msg like "Could not
connect to Veeam Monitor server.Please check Options->General->Veeam Monitor Server"and also Add ESX and Add VC icons are disabled. First of all there is no menu item like that but i went to Options->server settings. It shows Collector service status as running.Database status OK.License status not installed (as this application is free).
At the bottom of the application window it shows Database:(disconnected) Service idpev545: (disconnected and running).

I really appreciate any kind of help here
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam Monitor 4.5.0.189 Installation Issue

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Anu,

Try to have a look at the corresponding thread that might help you in troubleshooting your issue: Monitor - Can't connect to local machine (server)

Thank you.
anuvdas
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Anu Vishnu Das

Post by anuvdas »

Hi Vitality S,

I tried all those things with MS SQL.Still my issue is not resolved :(
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Anu,

Can you send me please the GUI log, you can find that by clicking Help->About->View Logs -> monitor.gui.log, so I could probably see what is preventing you from beeing up and running.

Also I would like to remind here just in case, that if anyone using licensed Veeam Monitor version and experience the same issue, please feel free to shoot an email and all logs to support@veeam.com, and we will be able to assist in troubleshooting (we can setup webex to look at your environment and issue in live, etc.) and make this work.

Thank you.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Anu,

I've deleted your log file, because it takes too much space. Based on what I've seen, it seems like something is wrong with your windows profile. Please have a look at this KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947242

Also try to use another profile or re-create that one. Hope it helps

Thank you.