Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mintyevertonian
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: fintan quinn

Initial Backup Copy Job

Post by mintyevertonian »

Hi Guys,

I want to copy a backup job locally and then transfer the NAS device to our offiste location for the incrementals

I have setup the backup copy job to run at any time every hour and want it to copy last nights jobs to the device

It is pending waiting on new restore points. Why will it not copy the latest ones over now? Do I have to wait for tonights backups to run ?

Is this the best way to get the initial backup onto storage when bandwidth is limited?

Thanks
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Initial Backup Copy Job

Post by veremin »

Hi, Fintan,

First of all, backup copy job doesn’t copy backup files as the whole, instead, it synthetically creates required restore points in "target" location from VM data in source backup repositories.
It is pending waiting on new restore points. Why will it not copy the latest ones over now?
Can you confirm that there are restore points created within the specified interval? That being said, if 1 day is set as an interval for backup copy job, backup copy job will start "copying" process only if there are restore points created by backup job within last 24 hours.

Thanks
mintyevertonian
Enthusiast

There are restore points there from alst nights backup

I want to get these onto the new NAS to start a new backup copy process

I have changed the interval to 1 hour...1 day still it says waiting for restore points

confused
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

You can set one day as an interval for backup copy job and try to use "Sync Now" option that forces backup copy job to start new synchronization interval and look for restore points created during last 24 hours. If this doesn't help, you might want to open a ticket with our support team and let them take a look at this behavior.

Thanks.
mintyevertonian
Enthusiast

Ya its weird

simply put i have jobs that finished last night at 9pm

I want to put these on a new repository in a bcakup copy job and i wan to run it now as in straight away
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Backup job copies restore points created within the specified copy interval. If you set the interval to 1 day, as Vladimir has suggested, it will copy restore points created at 9pm last night.

Btw, there's absolutely no sense in setting it to 1 hour if you run your regular backup jobs on a daily basis.
mintyevertonian
Enthusiast

Deleted the job ...deleted the folder on the repository and started again and it is running

Thanks all