Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
paulo
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: walker

Replication issue (not able to use proxy server)

Post by paulo »

Hi,

Support case: 00476234 (opened for a week without a resolution)

I have used Veeam replication to protect mission critical servers in my environment for 6 months. All replication jobs were all successful until two weeks ago. Had not done any change to the network, and two weeks ago I received this error on my replication jobs:

Error: Client error: Failed to connect to the port [VeeamSvr:2501].

As well as the error: Error: Client error: Failed to connect to the port [VeeamSvr:2506].

VeeamSvr is a physical server running 2008R2 with Veeam backup&replication 6.5.0.144 installed. VeeamSvr is also the vCenter server. No anti-virus program installed on VeeamSvr.

This is my network configuration:

I'm replicating VMware VMs through WAN to a remote datacenter. To speed up the replication job, I had created a target site proxy server. It is a dedicated proxy server running Windows Server 2008R2 with no other additional programs or services installed (not even antivirus) except Veeam Proxy Service. The traffic setting on the firewall is allowing anything from the source side to come into the target site. This target site proxy had worked fine.

Troubleshooting steps have been taken:

Verified no stuck snapshots on those VMs.

Turned off Windows Firewall on all proxy servers and the VeeamSvr.

Verified Firewall settings and the traffic policy is from any to any.

To isolate the issue, I then created a second dedicated target site proxy and it gave the same issue. In addition, I also created a dedicated source site proxy server, added it to the job and same error.

Ran netstat -nba command on the veeam server and all proxy servers, nothing is using port 2500 to port 2510.

Now I have to run some replication jobs by using the default VMware Backup Proxy. However it doesn't work for some large mission critical servers as the speed is too slow.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Paulo
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Replication issue (not able to use proxy server)

Post by foggy »

Paulo, please review this thread, probably one of the solutions given there will help. Thanks.