PowerShell script exchange
buldyay
Lurker
Liked: never

Change general setting VBR

Post by buldyay »

Hi,
I have not found how to change general settings VBR Server unfortunately. Such as email server settings, users and roles. This can be done using Powershell? Particularly important have email settings.
It really helped me to manage 300 + VBR Servers.
Thanks.
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Re: Change general setting VBR

Post by tsightler »

I've never tried to set the global Veeam server level options using Powershell, and I don't see an obvious way to do this via the cmdlets (I'm certainly interested in learning if there is a way to manipulate those options.)

Assuming there isn't some supported method that I'm overlooking, if I were tasked with scripting this for a large number of installs I guess I'd have to fall back to updating the DB table that stores these options directly. For example the global email settings appear to be simply a simple XML document that is stored in the dbo.Options table with the name "email_notification" and there is a "GetOptions" and "SetOptions" stored procedure so I'd probably just call this to update the option with the proper XML values, which I could easily get by configuring one server manually. I haven't tried this though, but it looks easy enough at first glance.