Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
WinstonWolf
Veteran
Liked: 11 times

Error on Component Update after Upgrade to Version 7

Post by WinstonWolf »

Hello,

My Problem ist as followed :

Veem Backup and Replication in Version 6.5 is installed on an W2008 R2 Server who is a Member in Domain A , i installed veeam as the Domain Admin from Domain A.
The Server last Week is migrate to Domain B ( another Name ) and the Admin from Domain B has a different Password.
After the Migration the Backups with Veeam in Version 6.5 runs normaly .
Yesterday i upgraded the Version 6.5 to Version 7. The Upgrade runs without any Problems.

BUT :

I become now the following Errror when i try to make the "Components Update" which comes on the first start from the upgraded Veeam Backup Program.

The Error Message shows : Failed to upgrade Host Components : Error , Method not found : VoidVeeamProxyClientDLLlib.VeeamProxyClientLogging.SetLogSynchronized(SystemString.SystemString )

When i try to create an new Backup Proxy it is not possible , Under Network Settings from the new Proxy it is not possible to connect over port 6160 and 6162 to the "installer Service" Error Message : "Failed to connect to installer service"

I checked both ports they are open and free . The installer Service ist startet and running.

I think Veeam Backup and Replication has some Problems with the new Domain Name , the new Domain Admin with the new Password.

The next Problem ist that it is not possible to uninstall the Programm .

Thanks for Help , its a big Problem for me .
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Error on Component Update after Upgrade to Version 7

Post by foggy »

Michael, please contact our support directly with any technical issues, as requested when you click New Topic. Thanks.
WinstonWolf
Veteran
Liked: 11 times

Post by WinstonWolf » 1 person likes this post

Thanks ,

Problem Solved. Due to erros on the W2008 R2 Server which migrated to the new Domain i have many Problems with User and Admin Credentials,
After a complete new Installation of this Server all worked fine again.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Glad it's working fine now, thanks for updating the thread.