Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
pharmascience
Lurker
Liked: never

Veeam tape backup export tape list to file

Post by pharmascience »

Is there a way to export the tape list to a file when the backup to tape job complete? I will not have to type in every tape when sending them offsite on our offsite service provider. I am using V&B 7 R2.

Thank you,
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam tape backup export tape list to file

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

Do you possibly own Veeam ONE and use it to monitor and report on your Veeam B&R activity? The reason why I ask this is that we have a predefined report template that shows what restore points and VMs have been offloaded to tapes with all tape IDs included.

See this link for more info on the report (Tape Backups) > http://www.veeam.com/veeamone_7_0_dashb ... rts_pg.pdf

Thank you!
jan.kiesewetter
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jan Kiesewetter

Re: Veeam tape backup export tape list to file

Post by jan.kiesewetter »

You can use PowerShell to export a tape list.

Code: Select all

Add-PSSnapin -Name VeeamPSSnapIn -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue 
Get-VBRTapeMedium | Select -Property Barcode,SequenceNumber,ExpirationDate,MediaSet | Sort-Object -Property MediaSet,sequenceNumber | Export-Csv "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Tapes.csv" -Encoding UTF8
Get-VBRTapeMedium | Select -Property Barcode,SequenceNumber,ExpirationDate,MediaSet | Sort-Object -Property MediaSet,sequenceNumber | Format-Table -GroupBy MediaSet > "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Tapes.txt"