Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
y1008946
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Re: Surebackup Fail on Exchange

Post by y1008946 »

My Veeam support ticket number is: 00492203

Hi, when running a surebackup job on our backups we get the error code 10061 on the script test on two of our VMs. What does this mean?

On our exchange VM we get the error:

Predefined script 1: name 'Global Catalog', error code 10061

On our file server VM we get the error:

Predefined script 1: name 'Sql Server', error code 10061

Thank you
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Re: Surebackup Fail on Exchange

Post by foggy »

Daniel, there's a couple of other topics with similar error, probably will give you some hints. Thanks.
y1008946
Enthusiast

Post by y1008946 »

Thanks for that.

The problem is I cant get past step 3. Its the offsite server, so there are no VMs to select, and it wont let me not select any...

1.Launch the New Backup Job wizard

2.Specify job name and description

3.Select virtual machines to back up

4.Exclude objects from the backup job

5.Define VM backup order

6.Specify backup storage settings
y1008946
Enthusiast

Post by y1008946 »

On the offsite server, which has the secon install of Veeam.

Should I add the production server as a managed server? At the moment it is not.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Yes, you should. However there's no need to add the same objects into dummy job.
y1008946
Enthusiast

Post by y1008946 »

Thanks very much, just tried running a surebackup and it was a success!

Once this is setup the backup files should update each day shouldnt they, we wouldnt need to do anymore work? What I mean is if I run the surebackup job next week, it will run against the backup copy job files from the night before.

I've just noticed that the backup copy jobs have stopped working to our offsite DR server, i think its after installing veeam on the offsite DR server.

Error Failed to synchronize backup repository CompanyDR Backup Repository Error: Backup Console version '7.0.0.690' is not compatible with Installer service on host 'companydr'.

What should we do, update the onsite backup server, so it is the same version as the offsite DR server?

THanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

danieldunn10 wrote:What I mean is if I run the surebackup job next week, it will run against the backup copy job files from the night before.
Yes, assuming that you've followed my instructions, it should work this way.
danieldunn10 wrote:Error Failed to synchronize backup repository CompanyDR Backup Repository Error: Backup Console version '7.0.0.690' is not compatible with Installer service on host 'companydr'.
You need to make sure that Veeam B&R server and all its components are running the latest version. Did you install Veeam B&R v7R2 on the offsite location? If this is the case, then update your production server to R2 and you should be good.

Hope this helps!
y1008946
Enthusiast

Post by y1008946 »

Thanks Vitaliy.

It is the case...

The onsite version is 7.0.0.690 and the offsite version is 7.0.0.771

What file should we download and run on the onsite server?

Do we need to do anything in particular before or just install the file?

Thanks v much
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Here is the file you should download and install > [KNOWN ISSUES] 7.0 : Issues, Patches and Hot Fixes

Follow the upgrade procedure that is mentioned in the KB article referenced above.
y1008946
Enthusiast

Post by y1008946 »

Thanks Vitaliy.

The backup copies havent run for a couple of days. When we've updated, if we re-run them will they catchup and sort themselves out? What i'm trying to say is we wont have to re-create the jobs will we?

One last question about sure backups!

If we have 10 VMs in production should we create one sure backup job with them all, or create smaller sure backup jobs with just the DC and each VM.

You've been very helpful, thank you
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

danieldunn10 wrote:The backup copies havent run for a couple of days. When we've updated, if we re-run them will they catchup and sort themselves out? What i'm trying to say is we wont have to re-create the jobs will we?
Yes, the backup copy job will locate new restore points and will start the transfer process. No job re-creation will be required.
danieldunn10 wrote:If we have 10 VMs in production should we create one sure backup job with them all, or create smaller sure backup jobs with just the DC and each VM.
One SureBackup job with a linked backup job will be enough, your VMs will be started one by one or according to your settings.
y1008946
Enthusiast

Post by y1008946 »

Thanks Vitaliy, it is nearly all working now.

One thing I have found is that on the offsite server with the second install of veeam, the restore points of the backup copy jobs have not updated.

So in veeam on the onsite server the backup copy job has restore points for 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th and 17th.

But in veeam on the offsite server, under Backups -> Disk. The dummy backup jobs only have restore points for 13th, 14th and 15th.

Is there something I should be doing to update the files in veeam on the offsite server? I've tried rescanning the repository but it didnt work

When I take a look at the repository folder on the offsite server through windows explorer there are vib files for 16th and 17th.

Thanks for any advice
y1008946
Enthusiast

Post by y1008946 »

I think the problem is that, once backups are imported from the location where the backup copy jobs are stored.

Even though this location is updated with new restore points each day from the backup copy jobs, the imported backups in veeam dont get updated each day.

So each time I would like to run a surebackup test on the backup copy jobs stored on the offsite server, I will have to manually import all the backups and re-create the dummy backup jobs.

Does this sound correct?

Maybe there is a powershell script which could be run to import the backups and create a dummy backup job...
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Daniel,

What if you re-map your dummy backup job, does it populate new VM restore points in the backup console?

Thanks!