Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
Yanish
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Gil Gross

Feature Request: Add Full Backup + Reverse Inc to tape

Post by Yanish »

Hi,
We have many customeres performing Reverse incremental backups with 30 day retention.
They woul like to perform a monthly backup to tape with all of the retnetion. However there is no option to perform backup to tape with reverse incremental. This forces us to perform a file level backup and lose the VM catalog.
Gil Gross- Technical Lead G-Net Ltd
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Feature Request: Add Full Backup + Reverse Inc to tape

Post by veremin »

Actually, Backup job specified in reversed incremental mode can be chosen as a source for backup to tape job. So, there are no issues with that.

However, in case of reversed incremental mode, only full backup files will be copied by backup to tape job.

Thanks.
Yanish
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Gil Gross

Post by Yanish »

v.Eremin wrote:Actually, Backup job specified in reversed incremental mode can be chosen as a source for backup to tape job. So, there are no issues with that.

However, in case of reversed incremental mode, only full backup files will be copied by backup to tape job.

Thanks.
Thanks, I know that I can backup the reverse incremnetal to tape, however I would like the option to be able to also backup all of the Reverse incremental files and not just the full backup.
This would allow us to have a single tape with multiple points of time on it.
Gil Gross- Technical Lead G-Net Ltd
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Gil, currently this can be performed with the help of File to Tape job only. Thanks.