PowerShell script exchange
JMorseMarco
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Justin Morse

Accumulative Restore

Post by JMorseMarco »

Hello,

I have a Client who is requesting an accumulative restore for Every day of the month for last month. We already determined an Overwrite is sufficient as the files do not change once created. The issue is some of the files are missing, an overwrite will replace the missing files while not removing new files, and existing files don't change so we don't need to worry about modified Dates.

My issue is the time it will take to facilitate this request if done manually. We're backing up to a Data Domain. I'm starting my first Date of last month, and I"m getting about 26KB/s due to rehydration. At this rate it will take about 40 Hours to complete this task as I need to manually mount, execute restore, dismount and move on to the next Date. This is a Windows File System.

Has anyone created a Script that can do such a thing? It's basically just an overwrite backup that would start & stop consecutively for a given date range. If someone is able to assist I'd be very appreciative as I"m not very familiar with Powershell but know it has some powerful options.
Date Range: 12/01/2016 - 01/01/2017
Task:
1. Start Restore for 12/01/2016
2. Restore (Overwrite) C:\DirectoryToBeRestored
3. Dismount
4. Start Restore for 12/02/2016
5. Etc...

Thanks,
Justin
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1401 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Re: Accumulative Restore

Post by Andreas Neufert »

Was Indexing enabled on the VMs. When yes, you can use EM to search for all files and restore them.
JMorseMarco
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Justin Morse

Re: Accumulative Restore

Post by JMorseMarco »

Thank you for the reply,

If by "EM", you mean Enterprise Manager, I would need to take a look and see if it is deployed. The Server I am working from is a Management Server that we use to connect to the Veeam Server, last I checked Enterprise Manager was not installed. I've got this set up for a few other Clients & I do not recall a recursive restore feature being available that would allow me to facilitate the request I'm after, but I'll take a look and update the Post.

Sincerely,
Justin