PowerShell script exchange
bpayne
Enthusiast
Liked: 12 times
Full Name: Brandon Payne

Adding Data Domain as a Backup Repository

Post by bpayne »

I am trying to script adding Data Domain as a Backup Repository and running into an issue with the -Folder value

This example is straight off of Veeam's website:

Code: Select all

Add-VBRBackupRepository -Folder DataDomain://10.0.0.80:storage/ -Type DataDomain -DDServerName 10.0.0.80 -Server $server -UserName sysadmin -Password Pa55word
If my storage unit is named: StorageUnit1

I've tried all of these combinations to no success

-Folder DataDomain://10.0.0.80:StorageUnit1/
-Folder DataDomain://10.0.0.80:StorageUnit1@/
-Folder DataDomain://10.0.0.80:storage/StorageUnit1/
Any ideas? Thanks
jhoughes
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 112 times
Full Name: Joe Houghes

Re: Adding Data Domain as a Backup Repository

Post by jhoughes »

That example is showing a connection to a DataDomain with an IP of 10.0.0.80, so the path that you say you were trying will only work if your DataDomain has the same IP address.

In your case, I believe you are stating that your DataDomain is reachable by a DNS record of 'StorageUnit1'. If that is the case, then your path should be this (with replacing %folderpath% with your correct folder path):

-Folder DataDomain://StorageUnit1/%folderpath%@/
You may want to try that, and if it doesn't work, I've included some more details of a more detailed example below.

The following snippet is pulled from a script that I wrote to assist a customer with some mass deployments of DD repos (all leveraging ddboost).

Originally, it was written to pull variables from a CSV, but this is a single example. It assumes that you already have mount server and credential in the appropriate variables, and I am using FQDN rather than IP, but the example is the same:

DD ServerName: 'ddve1'
FQDN of DD: 'ddve1.lab.fullstackgeek.net'
Folder Targeted on DD: 'VeeamBRQ'

Add-VBRBackupRepository -Type DataDomain -Name 'ddrepo' -Description 'Veeam DD Repo' -MountServer $VeeamWinServer -VPowerNFSFolder 'C:\vPowerNFS' -Folder 'ddboost://ddve1.lab.fullstackgeek.net/VeeamBRQ@/' -DDServerName 'ddve1' -Credential $VeeamDDCredential
The last 2 paths that I used to map to different test directories on my virtual DataDomain are below (same unit, just DNS aliases for FQDN testing):

ddboost://ddve.lab.fullstackgeek.net/VeeamBOD@/
ddboost://ddve1.lab.fullstackgeek.net/VeeamBRQ@/
Husband, Father, Solutions Architect, Geek Extraordinaire | @DenverVMUG, @AustinVMUG & @ATXPowerShell leader | VMware vExpert | Cisco Champion
bpayne
Enthusiast
Liked: 12 times
Full Name: Brandon Payne

Post by bpayne »

Thanks for your response, here is what ended up working for me

-Folder 'ddboost://myDD.local:StorageUnit1@/'
jhoughes
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 112 times
Full Name: Joe Houghes

Post by jhoughes »

Glad to hear you got it sorted, and thanks for replying with the working path.
Husband, Father, Solutions Architect, Geek Extraordinaire | @DenverVMUG, @AustinVMUG & @ATXPowerShell leader | VMware vExpert | Cisco Champion