PowerShell script exchange
Filippo1975
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Filippo M

Cloud connect server script to get fast clone merging enable

Post by Filippo1975 »

Hi everybody,
we are vcsp and we received every day server jobs coming from our customer. We have enable refs repository and during the time we have worked hard to covert existing job to refs native job in order to get the benefit of fast clone... some of them are still running without the fast clone option... is there a way to retrieve a list of Customer - jobs with fast clone enalbe or partial fast clone enable or nor fast clone enable?
thanks
johan.h
Veeam Software
Liked: 182 times
Full Name: Johan Huttenga

Re: Cloud connect server script to get fast clone merging enable

Post by johan.h »

If you have enabled fast clone on a repository level, jobs need to run an Active Full for this to take effect.

The easiest way to script for this would be to check the size of the VBK files that are generated. If a job has multiple VBK files, one of which is the size of a full backup and subsequent ones that are similar in size to a VIB then you know it is working correctly.
Filippo1975
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Filippo M

Re: Cloud connect server script to get fast clone merging enable

Post by Filippo1975 »

Hello,
sorry, mabe i wasn't clear... I need to get a script to extract for each job I received as cloud connect if during the merging operation works in fast clone mode or not. In the history tab of the cloud connect, when a job is successfully processed i can read if the merging operation was done with fast clone, with partial fast clone or the with the simply full clone...
I know there is special command to retrieve the information about this : it's the Get-VBRCloudTenant... so maybe it could retrieve this information....