PowerShell script exchange
jglodoski
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: James Glodoski

Cmdlet to Install License File?

Post by jglodoski »

Hey all. I've searched through the PowerShell reference documentation but I can't find anything that would let me install a license file via PowerShell.
We use an MSP key for a number of our clients that annually has to be renewed and deployed to a number of clients (the auto-update feature takes care of most license updates throughout the year, except for when we renew our MSP contract with Veeam itself).
Via our RMM tool, we can automate the download of the license file to the Veeam consoles and run a PowerShell script, but I can't find any way to tell the Veeam console to use the new license file any way other than a user manually going to the licensing window.
Thanks for reading this, and let me know if I've overlooked something obvious or if there's a good way to submit a feature request for additional PowerShell commands.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Cmdlet to Install License File?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi James,

There is no PowerShell cmdlet to install a license key, however we are planning to have license management capabilities in Veeam Availability Console for the manged backup servers. There is no ETA for this feature, so your feedback is a good justification on making it available sooner than later. Do you have any network connection (VPN) to your clients right now or everything is managed over WAN and public networks?

Thanks!
jglodoski
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: James Glodoski

Re: Cmdlet to Install License File?

Post by jglodoski »

Thanks for the reply.
We do not have any permanent VPN connections to our client networks. We run a management agent, LabTech, on our client computers which can execute commands and initiate remote control sessions on the machines themselves. Thus, it would be most useful for us to send PowerShell commands directly to the backup consoles using our existing infrastructure.
I will keep an open mind about the Availability Console, but introducing another system to have to tie in and maintain on dozens of external networks would not be our first choice.
Thanks again for following up with some information.