PowerShell script exchange
efd121
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: David Engler

Get latest immutable restore point

Post by efd121 »

This works to get the latest restore point from a backup job but I want to find the latest restore point from the AWS immutable backup.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

$backup = Get-VBRBackup -Name 'BackupJob'
$RestorePoints = Get-VBRRestorePoint -Name 'SERVER' -Backup $backup | Sort-Object -Property CreationTime -Descending
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2880 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Get latest immutable restore point

Post by HannesK » 1 person likes this post

Hello,
I'm not sure whether we have that information available with PowerShell (my colleague will answer on that).

But maybe your intention is just to find out the immutable time in general. We are working on that for V11. The backups view will have a new column that shows the "immutable until" time.

Best regards,
Hannes
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software
Liked: 635 times
Full Name: Oleg Feoktistov

Post by oleg.feoktistov »

Hi David,

To be precise, in regards to restore points immutability is a property of their storages rather than restore points themselves.
So, you need to get storage available for particular restore point to know which one is immutable:

Code: Select all

$backup = Get-VBRBackup -Name 'Backup to SOBR'
$restorePoints = Get-VBRRestorePoint -Backup $backup
foreach ($restorePoint in $restorePoints) {
   $restorePoint.GetStorage() | select @{n='Name';e={$_.PartialPath.ToString()}}, IsImmutable, ImmutableTillUTC, ExternalContentMode | fl
}
ExternalContentMode is a property, which marks the tier your storage is located on. Though, it reads 'External' only if storage was moved to capacity, not copied, it might also help you get the idea.

Thanks,
Oleg
pirx
Veeam Legend
Liked: 72 times

Post by pirx »

HannesK wrote: Nov 25, 2020 6:40 am But maybe your intention is just to find out the immutable time in general. We are working on that for V11. The backups view will have a new column that shows the "immutable until" time.
That sounds great, currently it's a lot of trial and error for us to get rid of some old backups.