PowerShell script exchange
mboswell
Service Provider
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Matthew Boswell

Get status of Configuration Database Resynchronize job

Post by mboswell »

Via powershell. Specifically I need to get the status of the resync that is launched when I use Mount-VBRObjectStorageRepository. I have a support ticket open; it's 06126749.

I'm looking at the Get-Member output of the object that is returned by the mount command and don't see any method or property that tells me the ID of the job I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Matt
david.domask
Veeam Software
Liked: 322 times

Re: Get status of Configuration Database Resynchronize job

Post by david.domask »

Hi @mboswell,

This data isn't returned by the current supported cmdlets at this time. Mount-VBRObjectStorageRepository returns a Veeam.Backup.Core.CExtendableRepository object, and there isn't any session info included in this as best I can tell. It would be nice if this returned a custom object with the repository data as a property and also the relevant session data as another property, but I suppose that is a feature request.

As a workaround, you can mark the start time of the Mount-VBRObjectStorageRepository operation and then pull the session information with:

Get-VBRSession -Type '10002' | Sort-Object -Property CreationTime -Descending |Select -First 5

This will return the most recent 5 Base Sessions (those you see in the History, System, etc sessions tab), and you can parse on the Log property of the VBRSession object returned from Get-VBRSession. The Title property on the Log object will indicate the backup import from the Mount-VBRObjectStorageRepository session, and you can just validate on the one closest CreationTime property from the VBRSession object to the start time of your Mount-VBRObjectStorageRepository session. I also see the repository name in there, so likely you can also validate on that.

So basically:

1. Save your Object Storage Repository to some variable $repo
2. Check the current date/time in your script and save it to some variable $MountStartTime
3. Run the Get-VBRSession call for -Type 10002 and return the top few sessions
4. Validate on either the start time from 2 or the repository name in the Log.Title properties
David Domask | Product Management: Principal Analyst
mboswell
Service Provider

Post by mboswell »

Thanks. I'm trying "Get-VBRSession -Type '10002'" but it's not returning any results even though there are 5 sessions in various states showing in the GUI. Any ideas?
david.domask
Veeam Software
Liked: 322 times

Post by david.domask »

Hrm, it's interesting. So 10002 should return the Base Session type (which includes items like database resynchronizer)

Can you maybe show me a screenshot of which item in the Session History you want to check? I maybe misunderstand and think of a different session, and I'll just give you the internal sessionType ID and we can check it.
David Domask | Product Management: Principal Analyst
mboswell
Service Provider

Post by mboswell »

Sure thing. Here's an example showing the GUI and also the lack of any output from Powershell.

oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software
Liked: 636 times
Full Name: Oleg Feoktistov

Post by oleg.feoktistov » 2 people like this post

Hi Matthew,

Try ConfResynchronize type:

Code: Select all

Get-VBRSession -Type ConfResynchronize
Best regards,
Oleg