Get-VBRTapeJob Slow?

PowerShell script exchange

Get-VBRTapeJob Slow?

Veeam Logoby aaron@ARB » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:28 am

Hi Veeam,

Is there any way that I can speed up the return speed of the Get-VBRTapeJob powershell cmdlet? When my veeam server (with a physical SQL server backend running the DB) is busy on the full backup days it can take over 45 minutes for this cmdlet to return which i think you will agree, is somewhat excessive.

Are there any indexes that I could add for example that could speed it up?
aaron@ARB
Expert

Liked: 12 times
Full Name: Aaron @ ARB

Re: Get-VBRTapeJob Slow?

Veeam Logoby sarbaron » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:28 am

Hi, did you get anywhere with this - I really could do with having a response from the 'get' that takes less than 5 minutes! :(
Cheers.
sarbaron
Novice

Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Adam Baron

Veeam Logoby aaron@ARB » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:14 am

Sadly not.. I logged a call and boiling it down to "it has a LOT to do so when the DB is busy, that's how long its going to take"

I just live with it now unfortunately.

I'm hoping that it may be fixed in v10 along with the other SQL errors that I have reported in relation to the tape engine.
aaron@ARB
Expert

Liked: 12 times
Full Name: Aaron @ ARB

Veeam Logoby sarbaron » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:43 am

That's unfortunate - I have gone down the same path as you - logged a call, at the moment returning results from "measure-command {get-vbrtapejob}, and it's coming back with over 3m 13s...

All I want to do is script a check for Nagios on the state of the tape backups... currently looking to see if I can get it from get-vbrtapebackup - although this comes with the warning "WARNING: This cmdlet is obsolete and no longer supported"...

Cheers
sarbaron
Novice

Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Adam Baron

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:49 am

In busy environments execution of Get-VBRTapeJob cmdlet might take some time indeed. Depending on your needs, you can store execution results in hash tables and operate with them - this should speed up the performance. Thanks.
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Liked: 1020 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Return to PowerShell