PowerShell script exchange
marius roma
Veteran
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Mario

Getting information about jobs completed in the past

Post by marius roma »

I need to extract as many information as possible about backup jobs completed in the past.
I create the following script (copying from forums and blogs) and it looks to work:

Code: Select all

Asnp VeeamPSSnapin
foreach ($Job in (Get-VBRJob | where {$_.JobType -eq "Backup"}))
    {
    foreach ($Session in (Get-VBRBackupSession | Where {$_.Jobname -eq $Job.name}) | Sort creationtime -Descending)
        {
        foreach ($TaskSession in $Session.GetTaskSessions())
            {
                $task_name = $TaskSession.name
                $session_name_job = $Job.Name
                $task_start = get-date $taskSession.Progress.StartTime -format g
                $task_end = get-date $taskSession.Progress.StopTime -format g
                $line = ""
                $line = $task_name + ";" + $session_name_job + ";" + $task_start + ";" + $task_end 
                $line >> "C:\temp\mylist.txt"
            } 
        }
    }     
However, if I select a given job from the Veeam B&R console and select to display the report I see many more data than in the result of my script.
Just to give an example, the earliest execution of a job reported by the result of my script is October 2016 while the data shown in the record start from July 2016.
How can I tell my scruipt to display all the available information?
Regards
marius
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Getting information about jobs completed in the past

Post by veremin »

I think it must have to do with the fact that you're trying to catch session based on session name, not on job Id.

Retry sessions, full backup sessions, session initiated manually - all have different names not exactly matching job one. For instance, full backup session for job name "Test Job" will be named "Test Job (Full)", etc.

Try to run the following script and see whether it returns the same session as GUI does:

Code: Select all

$Job = Get-VBRJob -Name "Name of your Job"
$OldestSession  = Get-VBRBackupSession | Where {$_.JobId -eq $Job.Id.Guid} | sort creationtimeutc -Descending | select -Last 1| select name, creationtimeutc
$OldestSession

Thanks.