PowerShell script exchange
lobo519
Veteran
Liked: 38 times

Monitor Replication

Post by lobo519 »

I am trying to monitor my replication jobs. Basiclly I want to make sure they are running. I have run into a very human problem when the jobs are disabled for some type of maintenance and not re-enabled. I was thinking of using this script to find the last snapshot and send an email if its more than 2 hours old.

Get-VBRRestorePoint -Name $VM | Sort-Object {$_.creationtime} -Descending | Select -First 1

I'm just not sure how to setup the IF statement to fire the email if the time is more than 2 hours old. Anyone have any suggestions or a better way to accomplish this?
tdewin
Veeam Software
Liked: 646 times
Full Name: Timothy Dewin

Re: Monitor Replication

Post by tdewin »

Couldn't really test it but something like this should work

Code: Select all

if ( ($_.CreationTime) -lt (get-date).AddHours(-2)) { echo "too old" }
lobo519
Veteran
Liked: 38 times

Re: Monitor Replication

Post by lobo519 »

it's been a while because this feel off my radar. I could swear I have this all worked out but for the life of me can't figure how why this won't work. It doesn't appear to be comparing the RPO time and the snaptime properly. Any thoughts?

Code: Select all

$RPO = (Get-Date).Addhours(2)

$getsnaptime = Get-VBRRestorePoint -Name $vm | Sort-Object {$_.creationtime} -Descending | Select -First 1 | select creationtime | format-table -hidetableheaders
$snaptime = ($getsnaptime | out-string).trim()

If ($snaptime -lt $RPO)

{ 

Send-MailMessage -From $Sender -To $Recipients -Subject $Subject -Body "Check Replication jobs Last snapshot time for $vm is $snaptime" -DeliveryNotificationOption onFailure -SmtpServer $SMTPServer
 write-host "RPO out of Compliance"

}Else {

write-host "RPO In Compliance"

}