PowerShell script exchange
GabesVirtualWorld
Expert
Liked: 38 times
Full Name: Gabrie van Zanten

Powershell: Add-VBRViCloudReplicaJob

Post by GabesVirtualWorld »

Hi
(Not sure where to post, also posted in Cloud Connect forum)

Trying to add a Cloud Replica job through powershell and i'm running into two issues. The first one is a simple issue:

- I can't set the "-RestorePointsToKeep" value. It seems to be not supported in the commandlet. When I skip this option, it will default to 7 restore points, which in our case is way too much. In our case I now have to change it manually for all 70 jobs after I've created them.

The second issue is that I can't seem to get the VM mapping for seeding to work. According to the guide I should use "[-ReplicaVM <COib[]>]" but I can't fill the VM info for this. For the [-OriginalVM <CViVmItem[]>] I can simply do a Find-VBRViEntity against our vCenter and find the VM. But I can't seem to run anything to fill the info for ReplicaVM.

Any tips?

Gabrie
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Powershell: Add-VBRViCloudReplicaJob

Post by veremin »

- I can't set the "-RestorePointsToKeep" value. It seems to be not supported in the commandlet.
Sounds like a bug that we have not added this parameter to job creation cmdlet. I believe those settings can be modified via PS afterwards (once the job has been created already).
I can simply do a Find-VBRViEntity against our vCenter and find the VM. But I can't seem to run anything to fill the info for ReplicaVM.
Parameters expect element of different types: SourceVM - CViVmItem[] (returned by Find-VBRViEntity cmdlet) , ReplicaVM - COib[] (returned by Get-VBRRestorePoint cmdlet).

Thanks.