PowerShell script exchange
momo_spb
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Mo

Powershell reporting on backup logs

Post by momo_spb »

Hi Guys,

I've tried searching but either i'm not using the correct terms or nobody has asked this before (unlikely).

I have a powershell script that I put together for BackupExec which effectively dumps the backup status logs from within BE to .csv and does some other stuff once it's in .csv format. Backup Exec only stores the last 3 months worth of backup logs within its backup database so needs to be run every quarter.

The purpose for this is to ensure we have a continuous log of backup status' that we can maintain and say in 18months if a backup needs to be restored we have somewhere to look to see if the backup on that particular date worked or not.

I'd like to do the same for VEEAM but i'm struggling to get into the "VeeamBackup" Database so I can get the DB table formats etc..

1) Has anyone done something similar before or point me in the right direction?

2) Or is VEEAM like ArcServ which just logs to .txt files and doesn't store it in the database?

Anytime I search for "VEEAM" and "SQL" the search results all show me how to backup SQL databases - not what I need!

Thanks in advance.

Mo
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Powershell reporting on backup logs

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi,

If you need to save VM backup status for long-term reporting, then you can either use Veeam ONE predefined reports or one of the script samples discussed in these forums.

Thank you!