SureBackup Linked Job Advanced options in Powershell?

PowerShell script exchange

SureBackup Linked Job Advanced options in Powershell?

Veeam Logoby JoshuaPostSAMC » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:21 pm

Is there a way to retrieve and set Advanced options in the Linked Job section of SureBackup? I have a Surebackup job configured for each of my regular backup jobs that I add the advanced options for specific VMs that need extra scripts or longer boot times, but I am interested in making a single job that has all of the backup jobs linked for execution in one pass, but I want to import all of my advanced options from each separate job in.

I was hoping to retrieve the advanced settings from each job and pipe them into the one job, but I'm not seeing how to do that in the powershell reference documents

Alternatively, I would like to be able to schedule the Surebackup jobs to follow each other, but not seeing that either, only to have them run after each backup job completes which isn't how I want it to run.
JoshuaPostSAMC
Expert

Liked: 16 times

Re: SureBackup Linked Job Advanced options in Powershell?

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:30 am

Is there a way to retrieve and set Advanced options in the Linked Job section of SureBackup?

Nope, it doesn't seem possible via PowerShell.

I have a Surebackup job configured for each of my regular backup jobs that I add the advanced options for specific VMs that need extra scripts or longer boot times, but I am interested in making a single job that has all of the backup jobs linked for execution in one pass, but I want to import all of my advanced options from each separate job in

Hmmm, have you tried to add and configure one "golden image" SB job manually and, then, clone it?

Alternatively, I would like to be able to schedule the Surebackup jobs to follow each other, but not seeing that either, only to have them run after each backup job completes which isn't how I want it to run.

Check this PS approach; might be useful.

Thanks.
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Liked: 968 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Veeam Logoby JoshuaPostSAMC » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:38 pm

Did 9.5 expose any additional options in Powershell and SureBackup Advanced options under Linked Jobs?

I at least would like to be able to export all of my current Advanced options in the event I would need to rebuild the job, but if I could retrieve that information, it seems like I should then be able to add it to a separate job as well.
JoshuaPostSAMC
Expert

Liked: 16 times

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:30 pm

Nope, SureBackup cmdlets have not been enhanced any further in version 9.5. Thanks.
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Liked: 968 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Return to PowerShell