PowerShell script exchange
tgillispie
Technology Partner
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Tom Gillipsie

Update a linux server

Post by tgillispie »

How can I update a Linux VBRServer so that it initiates a SSH connection and updates the SSH key?

I can Get, Remove, Add Linux VBRServers, and I can get the server object for the linux server and there are methods that allow updating SSH "things", but none of these seem to cause an actual SSH connection that updates the SSH key.

The bigger context is upgrading a Linux server from CentOS6 to CentOS7 drops the diffie hellman key type, and a Veeam Linux server that connected to the CentOS6 server has a diffie hellman key that needs to be dropped and replaced by a supported key type by forcing a SSH connection. I can do this in the GUI by just going into the (linux) server properties and do an "apply" - it presents a dialog with the new key (bc the key type changed so it would be a new key), and you accept it and all is well.

Thanks.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Update a linux server

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Just to make sure I got it right: your CentOS 6 box drops its host key during upgrade, so the fingerprint of the key has to be updated on the client (VBR) and you'd like to automate this procedure using PS, is that correct? If so, then have you tried "Confirm" option (please see Example 3)?

Thanks
tgillispie
Technology Partner
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Tom Gillipsie

Post by tgillispie »

Correct.

Example 3 is for adding a linux server. Mine already exists, and when I try essentially Example 3, it (of course) says it already exists.

So I can see how to create and delete linux servers - but cannot find the update an existing.

Thanks.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide »

Yes, you're right, sorry for confusion. It turns out that there is no possibility to update existing linux servers via PShell. May I ask you how many linux servers do you have added in your VBR console?

Thanks