PowerShell script exchange
rnickle
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Richard Nickle

Visibility of Vsan resources with Set-VBRViLinuxProxy

Post by rnickle »

I'm posting in relating to understanding our case 04894988 better.

We have Vsans in our vSphere environment, but we're trying to verify that our Linux proxies are associated with them. We made sure our Linux proxies are using the Vsan compute resources, as well as the Vsan datastore, so they are closely associated with the Vsan.

We're surprised that when we try to use the "Connected datastores" menu for the proxy, we are unable to see the Vsan resources either in Automatic selection (where we would expect to), or under Manual selection. Our Transport mode is Virtual appliance.

This raises the question of how we would find this information via the CLI. For example, I can set this configuration using the CLI:

Code: Select all

PS C:\windows\temp> $SERVER=get-vbrserver -name my-esx-server.my-company.com
PS C:\windows\temp> $LSVSAN=Find-VBRViEntity -server $SERVER -datastoresandvms | where-object {($_.type -eq "Datastore" -and $_.ISVSAN -eq $True -and $_.name -like "vsan*")}
PS C:\windows\temp> $PROXY=Get-VBRViProxy -Name 'my-proxy.my-company.com'
PS C:\windows\temp> Set-VBRViLinuxProxy -Proxy $PROXY -ConnectedDatastoreMode Manual -Datastore $LSVSAN -TransportMode HotAdd
I know I have a good object from Find-VBViEntity:

PS C:\windows\temp> find-vbrvientity -server $SERVER -datastoresandvms | where-object {($_.type -eq "Datastore" -and $_.ISVSAN -eq $True -and $_.name -like "vsan*")}

SystemVolumeType : Vsan
IsVSAN           : True
IsVVol           : False
ConnHost         : Veeam.Backup.Core.Common.CHost
Type             : Datastore
Reference        : datastore-5919
Capacity         : 384074766090240
FreeSpace        : 320939100838360
Id               : a478b6cd-0780-4f76-85a3-edff0970f57b_datastore-5919
Path             : my-esx-server-my-company.com\vsanDatastore
Name             : vsanDatastore
And finally, where's the command line equivalent of 'Get-VBRViLinuxProxy'? All I can use is 'Get-VBRProxy' which gives me a list of proxies, but there's no way to examine the proxies via the CLI.

Thank you,

Rick
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software
Liked: 636 times
Full Name: Oleg Feoktistov

Re: Visibility of Vsan resources with Set-VBRViLinuxProxy

Post by oleg.feoktistov »

Hi Richard,

Do you see connected datastores when invoking the method below on a proxy object?

$proxy = Get-VBRViProxy
$proxy.GetDisks()
I also tried to obtain info for Linux proxy along with connected datastores data above with Get-VBRViProxy cmdlet and it works.

Thanks,
Oleg