Management reporting and documentation
soda39
Influencer
Liked: never

File from Tape Restore Report

Post by soda39 »

Hi community,

Is there a way, besides VeeamOne, to get a report of a File from Tape Restore? In "History" fro Tape Jobs, I see the restores listed, also can open the statistic, but cannot generate a report. I do not prefer a GUI solution, so if there's a possibility to code a script snippet this will be fine too. But I did not find any suitable method getting such restore session details from "File from Tape Restore"-Sessions

Thank you all in advance.

BR Daniel
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 168 times

Re: File from Tape Restore Report

Post by RomanK »

Hello Daniel,

It is planned to expand the VONE Rest API in future versions but for now there is no such possibility.
If you want to avoid using UI something could exist in VBR Powershell, @oleg.feoktistov

Thanks
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software
Liked: 636 times
Full Name: Oleg Feoktistov

Post by oleg.feoktistov »

Hi @soda39,

Can you elaborate on the details you are aiming to have in your file to tape restore sessions report?

Thanks,
Oleg
soda39
Influencer
Liked: never

Post by soda39 »

Hi guys,

Sorry for my late response. I already found a way and also automated it, so also the approach shifted a little bit. I am went for Get-VBRRestoreSession with the session id you can find in event 290 in Veeam eventlog. Gather all information needed, couple of IF's to check for cleaning routine warnings etc., filtering for successful sessions and fetching tape infos with the tape barcode you can find in auxdata and building a custom object. Automation goes on with logging into a sql db, updating a, from another automation previously created ticket in our ticket software, with the custom object etc.

But maybe there's a better way then Get-VBRRestoreSession. I have chosen that, because you can pick the session id from the 290 even and automate everything, either with VeeamOne triggering the script when a 290 event appears, or a basic scheduled task which has the same functionality.

BR