Management reporting and documentation
MB-NS
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Issue with SSRS installation [RESOLVED]

Post by MB-NS »

Hello,

just thought I would share, I was unable to install correctly Veeam Reporter and managed to find a solution.

- the first setup cycle told me SSRS couldn't be successfully installed
- but after the setup finished (with a failed status), I could see that SSRS was up and running
- subsequent tries got me an "Selected SSRS instance has invalid configuration..." error

Resolution : uncheck all proxy-related parameters in IE, whatever your proxy setup is. In my case I didn't have any proxy on the LAN but "Automatically detect settings" was checked and that was causing the error.

In ReportSetup.log, before applying this I could see that it could'nt open the WebService URL, although I could with IE.
Seems that the method used by the setup to open the URL is buggy under certain circumstances...

Error message in ReportSetup.log :

Code: Select all

'Error:Connection to http://veeamhost:80/ReportServer_VEEAMSQL2008failed. Exception.Message:Client found response content type of 'text/html', but expected 'text/xml'.
The request failed with the error message:
--
<HEAD><TITLE>Unknown Host</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="white" FGCOLOR="black"><H1>Unknown Host</H1><HR>
<FONT FACE="Helvetica,Arial"><B>
Description: Unable to locate the server named "<em>veeamhost</em>" --- the server does not have a DNS entry.  Perhaps there is a misspelling in the server name, or the server no longer exists.  Double-check the name and try again.</B></FONT>
<HR>
<!-- default "Unknown Host" response (500) -->
</BODY>
TargetInvocationException in GetWebSiteURL'.
Alexey D.

Re: Issue with SSRS installation [RESOLVED]

Post by Alexey D. »

Hello,

Thanks for sharing this information, it's very helpful for our knowledge base.
Me personally, I've never seen this issue before. From the given messages, one might suppose it could be an issue with IIS settings / DNS / firewall?
Did you use any custom Windows configuration for Reporter's host VM?

Once again, thanks for posting!
MB-NS
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Re: Issue with SSRS installation [RESOLVED]

Post by MB-NS »

Hello,

Afaik, there is no specific settings for this VM.
Again, I can open the page just fine with IE, even if I leave autodetect on in IE.
But for it to work with the API, it needs to be unchecked.
Name resolution is fine, no firewall (all is local anyway).

Regards