Management reporting and documentation
sumukh
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Sumukh

Push data/alert to external REST API

Post by sumukh »

Hi all,

I am new to Veeam tool and need your help in Veeam API feasibility. I've recently joined a team and have been tasked to find out if Veeam can push data to an external REST API. Basically, an external tool API endpoint can be configured in Veeam to which a JSON can be pushed based on certain trigger. Is this feasible to be done in Veeam? If yes, then can you please share steps on how to do the same? Even a link to documentation will do.

Our end goal is to trigger alerts to an external ticketing tool if a backup fails. Can that be done? Had anybody done anything similar to this?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Push data/alert to external REST API

Post by wishr »

Hi Sumukh,

Welcome to Veeam Community Forums and thanks for posting!

Am I right assuming that you have Veeam ONE monitoring your B&R servers and you'd like Veeam ONE to push events to a 3rd-party ticketing system under certain conditions, correct? What is that 3-rd party system?

Thanks
sumukh
Novice

Post by sumukh »

It's Service-Now which has REST API exposed.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Sumukh,
Veeam ONE can send SNMP traps for the triggered alarms.
REST API is not available yet, however we have it in short-term plans. Could you explain what kind of events you are interested in?
Thanks!
sumukh
Novice

Post by sumukh »

Hi Shestakov,

Thanks for your response. I know, REST API is not available, however, can Veeam push failure alerts to an external REST API endpoint?

Thanks.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr » 1 person likes this post

Hi Sumukh,

Currently, we do not directly integrate with any external REST APIs, however, you may utilize scripting to pull data from VONE and develop something on your own to push it to SN. Also, you may automate SN ticket creation based on inbound Emails that VONE can send easily - personally, I'd choose the latter since it's quite simple to implement while the outcome is the same. That KB may be useful as well.

Hope it helps,
Fedor