- Posts: 9
- Liked: never
- Joined: Aug 09, 2010 6:42 am
we have this idea to realize:
* a weekly report ( diskspace, max mem usage, max cpu usage,) about each server shall be created and sent to the responsible person stored in the AD
* responsible persons are stored in an AD group (we call it ServerMananger) -> allready in use for "Bigfix"
* in the AD Object of the server "Managed by" the AD group with the responsible ServerManager is stored -> allready in use for "Bigfix"
* this report for a new server shall be created automatic, so that no additional work has to be done.
* has anyone done something similar?
* is it possible to create such idea with onboard tools?
* is there a way to "script" such a report eg in powershell or vbs?
* is there a manual how to link reports to special AD groups?
- Product Manager
- Posts: 23222
- Liked: 1609 times
- Joined: Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am
- Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov
This should be possible to achieve if you follow this procedure:
1. Create a summary report you need via Report Builder functionality:
- a. generate and save Guest OS disk space report targeted to the entire VI
b. select performance reports you need (VM, Host, Cluster) and save them as well
c. use just saved reports in the report builder wizard
d. make sure this report is generated and contains all the data you need and then publish it
3. Access the report created in the step one with a user account that has permissions only on the vCenter Server VMs. Every user should see their own VMs, even though they are using the same report template.
4. Once all steps are complete, schedule this report for automatic generation once a week/day.
Let me know if that helps!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest