Management reporting and documentation
NEO-BAHAMUT-
Lurker
Liked: never

VM Uptime from Specific Report

Post by NEO-BAHAMUT- »

Hi All,

We have recently installed VeeamOne version 9.5.0.3254 and we have an issue which we have found and cannot seem to find a resolution despite contacting Veeam Support who also cannot find a resolution to this and all we get back from them is "This works in our test environment". This is an issue as we need to know that the product is giving us the correct figures back when running reports before we purchase.

Our Environment
Virtual Server running on Windows Server 2012 R2
SQL Server 2016 Standard

We have VeeamOne connected to both SCVMM and VMWare in our environment. When running the following report found under "Reports > Audit > VM Performance Chargeback" We are seeing inaccurate figures for the VM Uptime.

When this report is ran against a specific cluster it comes back in the following format

Host1
- Virtual Machine
- Virtual Machine
- Virtual Machine

Host2
- Virtual Machine
- Virtual Machine
- Virtual Machine

Host3
- Virtual Machine
- Virtual Machine
- Virtual Machine

The figures that are coming back against each VM is quite random. For example the Virtual Machines that are running on Host1 are coming back with near enough the exact same uptime (give or take 2-3 minutes). - This Uptime is not linked with the actual host uptime.

On Host2 and Host3 it is coming back with 0s Uptime for each VM. Now when looking at any of the VMs on the host we know that most of them have been up for 20+ days.

Can anyone confirm if they have experienced the same issue? I'm quite happy to share more details if required.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: VM Uptime from Specific Report

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi James,
NEO-BAHAMUT- wrote:The figures that are coming back against each VM is quite random.
What does the VM Uptime report show for these VMs? Can you compare this report and the chargeback one?
NEO-BAHAMUT- wrote:This Uptime is not linked with the actual host uptime.
My guess would be that the VM data either was not collected or there is indeed some issue in the report. Did you have any connection issues to the virtual infrastructure recently?
NEO-BAHAMUT- wrote:On Host2 and Host3 it is coming back with 0s Uptime for each VM
What's your support case ID, I would like to review what our support team has found out.

Thanks!
NEO-BAHAMUT-
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by NEO-BAHAMUT- »

Hi Vitaliy

thanks for responsing regarding this ongoing issue

Our Case ID is 02417524 - "Monitoring Hyper-V - Reporting Shows Incorrect VM Uptime"

This morning I've had an email from support asking us to update to Update 3, which I have done but we are still experiencing weird results from our reports.

For some reason the report is giving us incorrect placement of the VMs. For example there have only been 5 vms on Host1 for the past 4 days and yet the report is saying there are currently 80 VMs on there. This is the same for the other 3 hosts in this cluster. Its as though VeeamOne doesn't know where any of the VMs are actually located.

Just to note I've ran this against another cluster and this is giving us incorrect results again.

Should the results be live figures?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

James,

Yes, report should match the reporting period you select. Feel free to escalate this case to a higher tier engineer, so that he could involve R&D team to the review.

Thanks!