RESTful knowledge exchange
ammoti
Novice
Liked: never

Backup Job for Spesific Tenant

Post by ammoti »

Hello everyone,
I am the newbie here so may be I miss but I research the forum did not find useful answer.
I want to get collection of jobs who created by a organization that I have organization id or related infos, is there any to achieve this or method.
Thanks
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Backup Job for Spesific Tenant

Post by Mildur »

Hi Ammoti

Welcome to the forum.
For which product is this question?
Veeam Backup & Replication with vCloud organization or Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 with M365 organizations.

Thanks,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
ammoti
Novice

Post by ammoti »

Hi Fabian, sorry did not give this information, I am looking Veeam Backup & Replication with vCloud

Thanks
ammoti
Novice

Post by ammoti »

Hi @Mildur ,
Do you have any suggestion? really appreciate it.

Thanks
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Hi Ammoti

I will look into it later today if we have samples we can share.
The REST API call to get job settings for a vCloud organization would be this one:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=110

Thanks,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software
Liked: 636 times
Full Name: Oleg Feoktistov

Post by oleg.feoktistov »

Hi @ammoti,

Do you use Cloud Connect functionality in VBR to create tenants for vCD organizations?
Or you mean that you backup/replicate vCD organizations and want to know which jobs target specific ones?
Either way, unfortunately, I cannot offer any solution via EM REST API. If it concerns cloud connect, tenant jobs are not exposed via EM REST or, as a matter of fact, anywhere in provider's VBR. So obtaining tenant configs with GET /cloud/tenants/{id} is as far as you can get.

When it comes to backing up / replicating vCD, the entities you choose as as source do not reflect any info about parent entities via EM REST. It means that, for instance, if you backup a vApp or an organization vDC, you will never know directly which organization they belong to. The only way you will know via EM REST API which jobs backup specific organizations is when you backup the whole organization directly.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Oleg
ammoti
Novice

Post by ammoti »

Hi Oleg,
Thank you so much for the explanation,
Again sorry ,I am the new in the veeam platform so sometimes I can misunderstand.
Let me give an example you can understand me better,
let say I have two users one is a@boo and other is c@foo, you know in the "Self-Service Backup portal for boo" in Jobs tabs showing 1 jobs and in foo I can see 2 jobs but when I make request to /api/jobs end points its returning all the jobs that contains boo and foo, so questions here is there anyway to seperate the jobs belongs to boo and foo.

Bakcup Portal for Foo
https://imgur.com/TipBMvH

Backup Portal for Boo
https://imgur.com/gGOPr5l

Thanks again
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software
Liked: 636 times
Full Name: Oleg Feoktistov

Post by oleg.feoktistov »

Hi,

Thanks for the details.
In this case there is no any explicit way to separate them except for looking at their names and descriptions. As soon as your tenant creates job in the self-service portal, it gets reflected in the EM with username prefix in the job name by default. For instance: tenant name is domain\user, so the job "backupjob" he created will have "domain\user_backupjob" name in the EM UI.
Similarly, tenant username will be mentioned in the job description. So unless someone changes job name or description specifically, you can filter tenant jobs on client side by name prefixes splitting them by underscore symbol.

Best regards,
Oleg
ammoti
Novice

Post by ammoti »

Oleg thank you so much for the explanantion,
I am creating job in my portal(not the self backup portal, custom one) and there user can edit title or description, so obviously I need to keep this domain and user in the database like mongo etc.
At least I learnt appreciate it.