This question might seem a little pedestrian, and for that I apologize.
I've been looking through the API documentation, and all the examples I've seen as far as Account Types go, pertain to a 'User'. I've been trying to see what exactly does 'Group' mean as far as the API is concerned.
I was hoping that by using the Group Account Type, I could group users together with different permissions.
- Group A Root User: Portal Admin allowing for visibility of all Hieararchy Objects under.
* User 1a could have File Restore Operator permissions
* User 2a could have File Restore Operator & VM Restore Operator permissions
- Group B Root User: Portal Admin allowing for visibility of all Hieararchy Objects under
* User 1b could have File Restore Operator permissions
* User 2b could have File Restore Operator & VM Restore Operator permissions
I'm going to go out on a limb, and assume Veeam Account Type Groups uses the Windows GROUP/LOCALGROUP to group users, but how do you assign Veeam Users to groups? Is this done using the Windows Accounts?
As well, can a User have multiple permissions assigned to them? Like how I describe User 2a, and User 2b?
Thank you in advance.