Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
BDIBioenergy
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: BDI Admin

9.5 U3: Backup agent is managed by the service provider

Post by BDIBioenergy »

Dear Veeam community,

we just upgraded to 9.5 U3 and wanted to try out the fantastic new featured we are so desperately waiting for!

We love the integration in the management UI so far a lot, but are struggeling with a simple task you might think:

We have ~100 Workstations that we want to switch to the new UI.
We deployed them with the XMl file and a deployment tool this summer. (https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agent ... tml?ver=20)

Now we want to integrate them, but fail to do so, because the Management UI tells us that all Agents are managed by the service provider.

How can we change this without to walk to every workstation manually?
Is there a "remove Agent from Backup server - command" that we can deploy to every workstation, or is there even a more simple task?

Code: Select all

21.12.2017 11:41:34 Warning    Skipping NB-BDI109-W10.bdi.local: backup agent is managed by the service provider
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: 9.5 U3: Backup agent is managed by the service provider

Post by Dima P. »

Hi BDI,

Can you see these hosts under Unmanaged protection group? Please perform the following test – open backup job wizard on a computer with local agent, go to repository step (do not edit it just open this step) and click finish. Open the Veeam B&R console and create a new protection group with this host. Perform rescan of this protection group and let me know the result.
BDIBioenergy
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: BDI Admin

Post by BDIBioenergy »

Hi Dima,

(you can call me André)

Thank you for the swift answer!

I tried successfully what you asked me for.
After the rescan of the already existing Protection Group I was able to manage the agent!
Perfect!
Now I need a solution to automate this task. :wink:
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: 9.5u3 Agent mgmt: failed to acquire agent managed by Vac

Post by Dima P. »

André,

It looks like Veeam B&R requires at least one incoming connection from the standalone agent, to verify that it’s not managed by RMM tools. This could be triggered by the regular job run, modification of the job wizard (repository step) or by opening about page (license dialogue). You can also force restart agent service on the client computer.

Additionally, agent connects with Veeam B&R server to update the license every 24 hours and that should solve this issue too.
StephanG
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Stephan G

Post by StephanG »

Hi there,
i have a similiar issue. I installed VEEAM Endpoint Protection manually back then for a handful of server.
Now i get the same error message.

I tried uninstalling the endpoint protection on one server and rebooted. But same problem.
Other hosts from the "unmanaged" group were working fine.

Any advise?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Does this computer show up in Unmanaged protection group? If so, can you try to force incoming connection to backup server, using one of approaches suggested by Dmitry? Thanks.