- Posts: 147
- Liked: 8 times
- Joined: May 22, 2015 7:16 am
- Full Name: Paul
I need to move from Data Protector to Veeam for physical Exchange servers configured as DAGS. I have read the documentation regarding creating a protection group. At what point is the agent installed on the physical servers and if a reboot is required would I be prompted. Obviously we cannot tolerate the servers just rebooting all at the same time.
Are there any issues I need to be aware of creating such a backup job?
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 1406
- Liked: 323 times
- Joined: Jun 14, 2013 9:30 am
- Full Name: Egor Yakovlev
- Veeam Agent will be required for each node of DAG Cluster
- Veeam Agent will be installed after first Rescan of Protection Group. Could be done automatically after PG creationm on schedule or later on, manually.
- Usually reboot is not required, however it is out of Veeam's control - if Windows OS has pending reboot, Veeam agent might get halt and prompt for Reboot as well. We do not reboot your servers(unless you tick respectful option in Protection Group) and will sit in "Reboot required" state until you pick good time for a reboot.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests