Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
sysadm1n
Novice
Liked: 1 time

Notification Settings

Post by sysadm1n »

Hello all,

I have Veeam B&R 10. We are using notifications.

Under General Options > E-mail Settings we have everything setup and working. SMTP, From, To, Subject, daily reports, are all fine.

But when I go into every job and go Edit > Storage > Advanced > Notifications - there is an option to "Send email notifications to the following recipients". Who ever set up veeam before me just copied the same settings from the General Options.

My question - is the "Send email notifications to the following recipients" in each job for job specific notification settings (i.e. that one guy who only needs to see the results of a single job)? And, if I uncheck that and leave it off will I still get the job status in the overall report?
chris.childerhose
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 132 times
Full Name: Chris Childerhose

Re: Notification Settings

Post by chris.childerhose » 1 person likes this post

Yes, each job notification setting is specific to that job, and unless you change it, the default settings under General Options get used. We have this where specific client jobs go to certain people at the organization as they want to see the reports.
-----------------------
Chris Childerhose
Veeam Vanguard / Veeam Legend / Veeam Ceritified Architect / VMCE
vExpert / VCAP-DCA / VCP8 / MCITP
Personal blog: https://just-virtualization.tech
Twitter: @cchilderhose
sysadm1n
Novice
Liked: 1 time

Re: Notification Settings

Post by sysadm1n » 1 person likes this post

Thanks Chris. I'm not sure why the last guy re-entered the same information for all the specific jobs as well.