Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
richard.mugford
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Richard Mugford

Unable to process (SERVER NAME): host rescan is required

Post by richard.mugford » 1 person likes this post

Good afternoon,

Case #06019314

After updating Veeam Community Edition to version 12, we have had the following error:

Unable to process (SERVER NAME): host rescan is required.

Manual backups seem to process data, where as scheduled backups overnight fail after 3 retry attempts.

The server being backed up is itself, and multiple rescans have been performed with only a warning that the server cannot be deleted as it is being used as a source for one or more backup jobs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Unable to process (SERVER NAME): host rescan is required

Post by Mildur »

Hi Rich

Thanks for the case number. However, this is not a support forum for environment-specific issues and we explicit request that you don't post them here. Please, respect the rules of this community with your future contributions.

Support for Community Edition is on best effort, logs will surely extend the chance that a support engineer will take over the case. --> https://www.veeam.com/kb1832
It seems that currently logs are completely missing. Only a screenshot was uploaded.

What you can try is to update to the latest patch released last week. It resolved over 100 issues, however I don't believe what you're experiencing is a known issue.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
richard.mugford
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Richard Mugford

Re: Unable to process (SERVER NAME): host rescan is required

Post by richard.mugford »

Thanks for the response. Apologies, I thought this may help me from a support perspective as I've seen other similar posts asking for help/advice.

I've installed the latest patch, but the issue still happens and I've not had any response to my case number.

Tbh, I think we will just bin off the software and move it to a different product with full support etc....

Thanks again.
Richard