Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
bqDelubac
Novice
Liked: 1 time

Upgrade to Update 3

Post by bqDelubac »

Hello,

I just upgrade my B&R to 9.5 Update 3, but I have some issues :

My previous physical Windows server have Veeam Agent Windows 2.0 and in the B&R console I see "Upgrade Required", I'm obligate to upgrade manually the servers ?

So 9.5 Update 3 don't allow to push Veeam Agent on windows server? We can't remote install the agent?

And I have update the servers, I have remove and recreate the backup job and in the Home part if i right click on the new job create I have this error : Invalid EP object "server name" type Directory

Maybe I miss something?

Regards,
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1566 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Upgrade to Update 3

Post by Dima P. »

Hello bqDelubac,
bqDelubac wrote:My previous physical Windows server have Veeam Agent Windows 2.0 and in the B&R console I see "Upgrade Required", I'm obligate to upgrade manually the servers ?So 9.5 Update 3 don't allow to push Veeam Agent on windows server? We can't remote install the agent?
As a part of Agent Management feature Veeam B&R can display out of the date agents. Unless these agents are upgraded to v2.1 it’s impossible to centrally manage them via B&R console. You can right click on agent and hit Upgrade, but manual upgrade procedure is supported as well.
bqDelubac wrote:in the Home part if i right click on the new job create I have this error : Invalid EP object "server name" type Directory
You get this error after agent was upgraded to the latest version (and moved to custom protection group)?
bqDelubac
Novice

Post by bqDelubac »

Hi,
Dima P. wrote:You get this error after agent was upgraded to the latest version (and moved to custom protection group)?
Yes I have this error after upgrade agent, move it to a group, and create a job.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1566 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi bqDelubac,

Please open support case and share the case ID in this thread, as we need your debug logs to continue investigation. Thank you.
bqDelubac
Novice

Post by bqDelubac »

Hi,
Case created #02470359

Regards,
laurnwerner
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Laurn Werner

Post by laurnwerner »

Has this been resolved? i too have the same issue. Getting Invalid EP object "server name" type Directory and cannot edit EP job.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2249 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Unfortunately, the case is in French, so we cannot make sense of it. Kindly, open your own ticket and provide its number here. Thanks.
DChiavari
VeeaMVP
Liked: 298 times
Full Name: Danilo Chiavari

Post by DChiavari »

In case someone else runs into this issue, it appears to be a known UI bug. It will be fixed in the next update.

In the meantime you can fix it with the following steps:

1. Delete the backup job with the error
2. Remove the PG with this server
3. Create a PG with a different name
4. Add the server to the new PG
Danilo Chiavari
Presales Manager - Italy

www.danilochiavari.com
mccabejr
Novice
Full Name: James McCabe

Post by mccabejr »

Danilo,

I'm running the latest - 9.5 Update 4a - and we're still battling this issue. Is there a better workaround than deleting Production backups to more permanently fix this? It has been over a year since your last update on this thread.

James
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2709 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi James,

I would recommend contacting our support team directly with this question. This would allow our team to confirm that you're having the same issue and based on that propose a possible solution.

Thanks!
DChiavari
VeeaMVP
Liked: 298 times
Full Name: Danilo Chiavari

Post by DChiavari »

Vitaliy's suggestion is correct, of course. Personally I haven't seen this bug in recent installations.

Just for the record, anyway, the "fix" in my post does not make you delete production backups. It involves deleting and recreating backup jobs and Protection Groups.

Backup data stays in the Repositories and of course you can map the re-created jobs to it (screenshot), in order to continue the chain with incremental backups.
Danilo Chiavari
Presales Manager - Italy

www.danilochiavari.com