Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
ENBS
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: ENBS

VBR12 Health Check

Post by ENBS »

Hi,

I backup a physical Server with VBR12 and besides enabling the health check it doesn't work. I backed up this machine with VBR11 with working daily health checks but with Version 12 it doesn't work. I also don't understand why there is a schedule now, it should run after the backup as always. There also is a bug when you select "Everyday" it reverts to "On these days" and selects every day (i know this is cosmetic).

The Backup Starts at 22:00 and takes 15 Minutes, the Health Check should start at 4:00 but does nothing. Seeing this i hesitate to upgrade all my VBR11-Installations. Is this a problem with the backup from physical machines or did i made a mistake here?

Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: VBR12 Health Check

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Hi ENBS
I also don't understand why there is a schedule now, it should run after the backup as always.
The explanation is in our What's new Guide on page 6:

https://www.veeam.com/veeam_backup_whats_new_wn.pdf
Background health check — By popular demand, instead of being attached to a backup job,
storage-level corruption guard scans can now be scheduled to happen at a specific time,
independently of the backup job. This keeps your backup windows in check and removes extra
load from backup repositories while other backup jobs are still running
There also is a bug when you select "Everyday" it reverts to "On these days" and selects every day (i know this is cosmetic).
I see the same behavior in my lab. I will report it internally.
The Backup Starts at 22:00 and takes 15 Minutes, the Health Check should start at 4:00 but does nothing.
v12 Health Checks are not visible in the job session. You can find them in the history tab:

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
ENBS
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: ENBS

Re: VBR12 Health Check

Post by ENBS »

@mildur: Thank you so much, now i found the HealthCheck-Joblogs and yes, it makes sense doing this in a seperate job. Thanks!