Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
alabiana
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Yannick Baumbach

Veeam CBT causes BlueScreen on connecting ebook reader

Post by alabiana » 1 person likes this post

Hey guys,

i having an issue with the veeam agent since a longer time. When i connect my ebook-reader (tolino) to my running computer, windows (windows 11 23h2) crashes into bluescreen and names the veeam cbt driver as reason. If i leave the ebook-reader connected and restart the computer everything works fine. I have tried to reinstall the device driver, but this doesnt fix it. If i remove the CBT the error will not occur.
Has anybody an idea or experienced something like this?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Veeam CBT causes BlueScreen on connecting ebook reader

Post by Gostev »

Hi, Yannick. The only logical explanation would be as follows: the CBT driver sees a new volume attached and tries to start tracking changes on it. But apparently the volume has such a "special" (likely incorrect) layout that it results in an unhandled exception.
lewisa9
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Luis Sanchez

Re: Veeam CBT causes BlueScreen on connecting ebook reader

Post by lewisa9 »

Hey Alabiana,

I'm also experiencing the same issue, but on Windows 10 22h2. It happens when I plug in an SD card to an already connected SD card reader via USB. I thought it could have been the SD card, but we've changed brands, sizes and card readers but still run into the issue.

I've also noticed that when we start with the SD card in the pc and then boot, nothing happens. If I remove the sd card without ejecting it and plugging it back in, nothing happens. Usually it's only on the first login, then after plugging in the USB for the first time that day. I get a BSOD with a veeam service popping up. I'm going to do some more testing this weekend to see what the problem is since I'm not certain which Veeam service it shows as the cause, but I will update this thread when I can.

Have you gotten passed this issue yet? I've seen others say they uninstall the CBT driver via VBR: https://community.veeam.com/discussion- ... t-sys-6153