Friends & Forum,
is there any possibility to let a backup to tape job let only backup the last backup using reversed incremental veeam jobs? even if no backup to tape was written before at all?
here is what i want to do:
- using only reversed incremental mode at all in my jobs, so i have a full backup every day without having to actually wait for a real full backup
- backing up this last vbk to tape every night. only this last - not the previous ones
- do not care about tape protection at all - veeam should overwrite whatever it finds on the tape - whatever time frame has passed - even if the last backup to tape is only 5 hours old
here is what i tried:
- configured no tape protection at all - overwrite everything - don´t care about losing my previous tape data (media set retention is set to "do NOT protect data")
- tried both options at media set config, tried "create new media set for every backup session" and also "always continue using current media set".
No luck so far. The first backup will always backup everything (config as "backups to tape"). if i do a backup afterwards after doing a reversed increment again it will fail asking for another tape (if set to create a new media set for every session) or it will just append to tape (if set to use current media set).
So - it should not care about what´s on the tape at all. It should erase everything on the tape no matter what. AND it should backup only the last vbk in a reversed inc schematic.
Yeah i know - this is a really special scenario. It is for a really special testlab we are working on at this moment
- as many of you know we are workaholic researchers
The very best regards,