Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
susan3032
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Sue

Backup to Tape Problem

Post by susan3032 »

Veeam 8.0 patch 2, brand spanking new environment and shaking out the issues.

We run daily incrementals, and a full on Saturdays. On Sunday, we want to copy the full to tape. We only have one tape at the moment, we are waiting for more. Anyway, the tape is not being recognized, and the copy to tape job is running and in a wait state.

I can't inventory the tape - I'm getting a message: All tape drives are in use. Waiting for a drive to become available...
I can't erase the tape - I'm getting a message: Operation cannot be performed: no tape drive was locked
I get this message when I try to cancel the backup to tape job: VM files for this job will be left in the inconsistent state. One or more VM's will have incomplete, unusable restore points.

I'm not sure what to do. I'm assuming I can still cancel the tape job, and that it will be the tape restore that wouldn't work. Correct? Can that job be restarted?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Backup to Tape Problem

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Sue, please contact Veeam Technical Support and provide support case ID when posting about errors or technical issues, as requested when you click New Topic.
As for backup-to-tape jobs restart, you can stop and restart the job, but VM files for the job will be left in the inconsistent state.
Thanks.