Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
BackupMonkey
Influencer
Liked: 4 times

Completely disable daily tape 'full'

Post by BackupMonkey »

Hi all.

We have to run the daily inc's to tape which is causing me an issue with the GFS tape job.

What happens is that the daily tape job runs the full on the Friday (Since I can't disable it) and when the GFS job kicks off the backup chain has no changes so does nothing.
From what I've seen the GFS job should overrule the weekly job but that isn't happening.

I've also tried the doing them on different days but the daily tape job then see's the 'full on disk' that the GFS job creates and writes that to tape on Monday causing us issues during the day.

Is there anyway I can disable the full option on a normal tape job completely and just have the GFS job deals with the fulls?

Cheers.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Completely disable daily tape 'full'

Post by Dima P. »

Hello BackupMonkey,
What happens is that the daily tape job runs the full on the Friday (Since I can't disable it) and when the GFS job kicks off the backup chain has no changes so does nothing.
Simple and GFS tape jobs are completely independent from each other and they keep completely independent backup chains (that's also the reason why full backup cannot be disabled in simple tape job). I suggest you to open a support case in order to identify why GFS tape job has nothing to process.