- Posts: 41
- Liked: 1 time
- Joined: Apr 24, 2012 3:50 am
- Full Name: Daniel Chung
In v7 testing, I'm going to test to use backup copy job to replace the current offsite backup job. So I created a backup copy job, keep 10 restore points and 2 weekly backups (on Friday). I found that the backup copy job will transform the backup chains when number of restore points exceeds. As mentioned in user guide, the backup copy job use the oldest incremental backup in transformation.
The problem is, once the number of restore points exceeded, a VBK file being transformed every day. On Friday, I will have 2 "new" VBK files, one is the oldest full backup in the backup chain of 10 restore points, and the other is the weekly backup. Then in BE2010, the currently selection will include both VBK files which I only need the weekly backup.
Anyone knows how to select the weekly backup files in BE2010? There are some powershell posted here, but BE2010 doesn't support powershell. One idea I can think of is adding pre-job in BE2010 to rename the VBK files (maybe adding prefix like "Weekly-xxxx") before copy to tape job and reverse back after job completed. Is that okay?
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 19549
- Liked: 1783 times
- Joined: Jul 11, 2011 10:22 am
- Full Name: Alexander Fogelson
1. Change retention settings for the backup copy job so it keeps only one VBK file.
2. Create another backup copy job, specify the target repository of the first backup copy job as a source for it, and set it to create a single VBK file that will be offloaded to tape.
3. Install Veeam B&R v7 in your offsite location and utilize its file-to-tape job in conjunction with PowerShell according to this procedure to offload the latest VBK file to tape.
Hope this helps.
- Product Manager
- Posts: 17902
- Liked: 1673 times
- Joined: Oct 26, 2012 3:28 pm
- Full Name: Vladimir Eremin
Code: Select all
$LastVBK = Get-ChildItem $SourcePath\*.vbk| Sort-Object CreationTime -Descending | Select-Object -First 1| Get-ChildItem -name; Robocopy $SourcePath $TargetPath $LastVBK;
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests